0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
Please note you may only enrol on one course at a time, however you may enrol on additional courses upon completion of your current course.
To meet the funding requirements of this course:
- You must be aged 19 years or over as of 31/08/2021
- You must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- You must currently reside in England
- If you are aged 19-23 and do not already hold a Full Level 2 Qualification we will need to discuss options with you prior to commencing your course.
You will need to understand that:
- This is a Level 2 qualification and a reasonable level of English is beneficial to completing
- The typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself time to provide detailed responses to the assignments.
- We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course
This qualification will provide you with a detailed understanding of behaviour that challenges in children, including how such behaviour can be assessed and the avoidance techniques that can help minimise the effects of behaviour that challenges. You will look at how different coexisting conditions, such as a learning disability, a mental health condition, sensory issues and autism can impact on behaviour that challenges and how to support those children who experience these complex behaviours.
This course is ideal for anyone who currently works in, or would like to work in, the education and health and social care sectors.
Unit 1: Awareness of behaviour that challenges in children
Section 1: Understand what is meant by behaviour that challenges
Section 2: Understand who may experience behaviour that challenges
Section 3: Know how behaviour that challenges can be assessed in children
Section 4: Understand the impact behaviour that challenges can have.
Unit 2: Principles of intervention when working with behaviour that challenges in children and young people
Section 1: Understand how strategies can help promote positive behaviour
Section 2: Understand how to record incidents
Section 3: Know how to avoid behaviour that challenges in children
Section 4: Know the importance of safe physical intervention.
Unit 3: Behaviour that challenges and mental health in children
Section 1: Understand the characteristics of mental health
Section 2: Understand how UK legislation can support the human rights of children with a mental health condition
Section 3: Know how mental health affects behaviours that challenge in children
Section 4: Know how to support children with a mental health condition experiencing behaviour that challenges.
Unit 4: Behaviour that challenges and learning disabilities
Section 1: Understand the characteristics of learning disabilities
Section 2: Understand how UK legislation can support the human rights of children with a learning disability
Section 3: Understand typical behaviour that challenges expressed by those with a learning disability
Section 4: Know how to support children with a learning disability experiencing behaviour that challenges.
Unit 5: Behaviour that challenges, sensory issues and autism
Section 1: Understand the characteristics of sensory issues and autism
Section 2: Understand how UK legislation can support the human rights of children with sensory issues and autism
Section 3: Understand typical behaviour that challenges in children expressed by those with sensory issues and autism
Section 4: Know how to support children with sensory issues and autism experiencing behaviour that challenges.
Unit 6: Legislation supporting behaviour that challenges in children
Section 1: Understand legislation supporting behaviour that challenges in children
Section 2: Understand wider support available when working with children with behaviour that challenges.
Benefits of completing this course. You will:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Choose when and where to study, as courses are delivered as distance learning
- Have the support you need to succeed, as personal tutors are
How will I learn?
You will study via an online platform or if preferred you can have paper booklets to research and to submit your answers.
With you every step of the way!
- Get more from your online courses, let us help you succeed with bespoke packages led by our dedicated online support team
- Occupational specialists and tutors just a click away to support you
- Access to a free online community for those suffering with adverse mental health, 24 hours a day
- Enjoy incredible discounts while you study with your NUS/Totum student card
- New to online learning? Require additional support? Let us help you with each step you take.
For more information about this course please email [email protected].Download course information in PDF format