0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
This qualification meets the needs of candidates who work or want to work in a wide range of children and young people’s settings, covering the age range 0–19 years.
This qualification has been designed to:
- Provide a broad understanding of the children and young people’s workforce sector and an introduction to the practical skills and knowledge required
- Allow learners to learn, develop and practice selected skills required for progression in the sector
- Provide opportunities for progression onto the Level 3 Diploma and other related qualifications in the sector
You will be required to complete a portfolio of evidence and you will be assigned an experienced, qualified assessor who will assess your competency in the real work environment, together with your knowledge and understanding, using methods such as direct observation, oral and written questioning and case studies.
Topics covered will include:
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Child and young person development
- Contribute to the support of child and young person development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Contribute to children and young people’s health and safety
- Support children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Contribute to the support of positive environments for children and young people
- Understand partnership working in services for children and young people
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
You will need to be working in an appropriate setting as you need to show competence in both knowledge and skills. In some instances, volunteering or work placement may be acceptable but will need to be discussed before entry on an individual basis.
For more information email [email protected].
DISTANCE LEARNING PLATFORM
The chosen platform for this course is EQUAL (The Skills Network). Online leraning allows learners to study at their own pace, in their own home or workplace learning centre at a time that fits around people's busy lives.
Following successful enrolment onto this course you will be provided with all the details required to login to your platform
Please be aware this course has a fee that is payable on enrolment.
If you require financial support including payment plans, bursaries and advanced learner loans please visit the Money Management Service section of the website.
For more information on fees please view our Fees, Charges and Refunds Policy and our Applications, Admissions and Enrolment Policy and Procedures.
This course offers simpler and safer online enrolment requests, which means in a matter of minutes you can submit an enrolment request to us. However please be aware that upon submitting your enrolment form you are not guaranteed to be accepted. A number of our courses require assessments, qualification checks or simply a conversation with you before we can confirm your enrolment.
Within 24 hours of enrolment submission you will receive an automated email notification with information on what happens next.
Course information last updated: Thursday 28th January 2021 @ 8.30am (6 hours ago)