0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
Please note you may only enrol on one course at a time, however you may enrol on additional courses upon completion of your current course.
To meet the funding requirements of this course:
- You must be aged 19 years or over as of 31/08/2021
- You must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- You must currently reside in England
- If you are aged 19-23 and do not already hold a Full Level 2 Qualification we will need to discuss options with you prior to commencing your course.
You will need to understand that:
- This is a Level 2 qualification and a reasonable level of English is beneficial to completing
- The typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself time to provide detailed responses to the assignments.
- We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course
This qualification meets the needs of candidates who work or want to work in
a wide range of children and young people’s settings, covering the age range
This qualification has been designed to:
- Provide a broad understanding of the children and young people’s workforce sector and an introduction to the practical skills and knowledge required
- Allow learners to learn, develop and practice selected skills required for progression in the sector
- Provide opportunities for progression onto the Level 3 Diploma and other related qualifications in the sector
Topics covered will include:
- Introduction to communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Child and young person development
- Contribute to the support of child and young person development
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Contribute to children and young people’s health and safety
- Support children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Contribute to the support of positive environments for children and young people
- Understand partnership working in services for children and young people
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
How will I be assessed?
You will be required to complete a portfolio of evidence and you will be assigned an experienced, qualified assessor who will assess your competency in the real work environment, together with your knowledge and understanding, using methods such as direct observation, oral and written questioning and case studies.
Do I need to be working to take the qualification?
Yes, you will need to be working in an early years setting as you will need to demonstrate competence in both knowledge and skills. In some instances, you may be accepted onto the course if you are volunteering or undertaking a work placement role and this can be discussed and agreed on an individual basis prior to application.
For more information email [email protected].
Please be aware this course has a fee that is payable on enrolment.
If you require financial support including payment plans, bursaries and information regarding fee waivers you may be entitled to please visit the Money Management Service section of the website.
For more information on fees please view our Fees, Charges and Refunds Policy and our Applications, Admissions and Enrolment Policy and Procedures.
This course offers simpler and safer online enrolment requests, which means in a matter of minutes you can submit an enrolment request to us. However please be aware that upon submitting your enrolment form you are not guaranteed to be accepted. A number of our courses require assessments, qualification checks or simply a conversation with you before we can confirm your enrolment.
Within 24 hours of enrolment submission you will receive an automated email notification with infor
How will I learn?
You will study via an online platform or if preferred you can have paper booklets to research and to submit your answers.