0800 0567 253
Enquire for this course here:
L4 Therapeutic Counselling Level 4 | Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (RQF)Information Enquire
Our 2-year Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling will benefit learners who want to train to become a counsellor working in a counselling agency. Successful completion of this course will enable you to provide a therapeutic counselling service within the context of an agency's service framework.
The Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling provides:
- Coherent vocational and professional counselling training
- Competence-based training which highlights the development of skilled practice via experiential learning
- Specific training for the role of counsellor in an agency
- Training to meet the BACP Registered Member status
- The opportunity to learn a wide range of counselling theories and approaches
- A pathway into the Open University Foundation Degree in Counselling
- Working ethically and safely as a counsellor
- Working within a counselling relationship
- Working with client diversity in counselling work
- Working within a user-centred approach to counselling
- Working with self-awareness in the counselling process
- Working within a coherent framework of counselling theory and skills
- Working self-reflectively as a counsellor
How will I learn?
This is a classroom-based course which also requires additional time invested outside of the classroom. Learning will include but is not limited to:
- A weekly submitted journal reflecting on your learning, developing self-awareness and your relationships
- A counselling placement within a counselling service for a minimum of 100 client hours alongside regular clinical supervision. This might be in a general counselling agency or one that specialises in areas such as drug and alcohol or bereavement
- On-going reading
- Personal therapy
- Regular assignments both individual and group
- Participation in group work
- Internally-assessed portfolio of personal reflection and tutor and peer assessed criteria
- External Assessment in Year Two
To apply, you must have at least 170 hours of classroom-based counselling skills training which can be achieved via CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Skills Level 2 and CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Studies Level 3. External candidates are welcome and any previous formal counselling skills training is considered. All candidates are interviewed for this Diploma Level.
If you are offered a place on this course we will need 2 references one of which must be your previous counselling training tutor.
The Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling is a significant investment of time, commitment and money. Your personal development, and being part of a continuous group, is an important part of your training and therefore 100% attendance and punctuality is required (but must not drop below 80%). Please note that this also means that once you have accepted a place on the course you are liable for the whole cost of the course (£4670).
You will need to have completed all Year One tasks (including starting to see clients) to enrol onto Year Two.
For more information about this course please email [email protected].
Please be aware that some courses have fees that are payable on enrolment. More information on if this course has a fee can be found in the Availability section below.
If you require financial support including payment plans, bursaries and advanced learner loans please visit the Money Management Service section of the website.
For more information on fees please view our Fees, Charges and Refunds Policy and our Applications, Admissions and Enrolment Policy and Procedures.
This course offers simpler and safer online enrolment requests, which means in a matter of minutes you can submit an enrolment request to us. However please be aware that upon submitting your enrolment form you are not guaranteed to be accepted. A number of our courses require assessments, qualification checks or simply a conversation with you before we can confirm your enrolment.
Within 24 hours of enrolment submission you will receive an automated email notification with information on what happens next. Please add [email protected] to your safe sender list. Most email providers allow you to do this within settings/options. For full instructions simply use your chosen search engine to find instructions on how to make emails as safe.Download course information in PDF format
Course information last updated: Tuesday 21st March 2023 @ 8.03am (23 hours ago)