0800 0567 253
Apply for this course here:
Beauty therapy has become an essential part of modern-day life and, in a society where individuals strive to attain optimum wellness and work/life balance, there has never been a better time to gain skills in a career that allows you the flexibility and diversity to continually change and direct your life.
This qualification is designed to enable learners to enter the exciting world of the professional beauty therapy industry. It provides learners with the opportunity to learn in our salons. You will also have the chance to take part in trips, enrichment activities, work experience within the beauty sector, participate in competitions and have discounted access to lots of extra ABT accredited short course qualifications to add to your CV through our ‘Envy Pro salons’.
Year 1 will include
- Manicure - to include care of the nails, hand massage, luxury treatments and polish application
- Pedicure - to include care of the nails, hand massage, luxury treatments and polish application
- Gel Nails
- Nail Art
- Facials – to include skincare and full facial routine
- Make Up Workshop
- Waxing – to include hot and warm wax techniques
- Eye treatments – to include tinting and shaping
- Brow Lamination
- Ear Piercing
- Contra indications
- Homecare and aftercare advice
- Reception duties
- Client care and communication
- Health and Safety
- Body electrics – to include faradic, galvanic, microcurrent and vacuum suction
- Face electrics – to include EMS, micro current, galvanic, vacuum suction and high frequency
- Microdermabrasion – to include face and body
- Body massage – to include Swedish massage techniques
- Epilation – to include hair growth cycle, hair causes and hair management
- Spray Tan
This course is based at our Stroud campus in the centre of Gloucestershire, surrounded by the Cotswold Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The campus is a short walk from Stroud train station and easily accessible by bus.
How will I know how I am doing?
Through practical observation in our training salon, written assignments and exams. Experienced tutors will closely monitor and guide you through techniques to ensure you are meeting and exceeding industry standards. You will have personal one-to-one tutorials to review your progress regularly.
What do I need to join?
You will need to show passion, enthusiasm, commitment and good
communication skillls. You will need 3 GCSEs at grade 3 (D) or above,
including English and Maths and a proven record of attendance and engagement in
English and Maths.
Maths & English
A key requirement for obtaining many jobs is to achieve a good standard of English and Maths. Therefore, learners that do not yet have a GCSE grade 4 (C) will be enrolled on either a GCSE or functional skills programme alongside their course.
What can I do next?
Once you have completed your 1st year qualification students also have the amazing opportunity to work in our professional ‘Envy pro salon’ which develop your professional practice.
On successful completion of the 2yr course learners could choose to progress to Level 4 Beauty Therapy.
You could consider widening your skills in other areas like Hair or Make up at SGS College.
Full time employment in salons, spas, cruise ships and cosmetics.
This is a 2 year course, which is split - L2 – 1 year & L3 – 1 Year
course information last updated: Friday 23rd February 2024 @ 8.03am (6 hours ago)