0800 0567 253
Enquire for this course here:
Gain a qualification and develop design/craft skills in stained or fused glass techniques.
• Make a piece of stained or fused glass
• Research design ideas, looking at the work of others, and develop an original design idea inspired by your research
• Plan the process of making and stick to your schedule
• Create samples to support your technical experiments and make notes of your results
• Identify your strengths and weaknesses throughout the design and making processes and reflect on how you can develop your work in the future
• Follow good health and safety throughout
• Complete your work and give evaluation on the overall piece Ruth Adams taught fired stained-glass painting at Central Saint Martins, where she previously completed her postgraduate studies in glass with distinction. She taught stained glass for ten years at the City Literary Institute in Central London. Ruth relocated to Stroud, where she works as a practicing artist, and she set up the glass department within the Arts School. She is a respected educator, with an enormous amount of experience and enthusiasm to help you engage with this fantastic subject.
Fee includes a sketchbook and the finest materials for test samples and a panel up to A3 size. For larger work, you will need to buy some additional materials from a supplier or the tutor.
If you are in receipt of benefits, a waiver may apply.
How will I learn?
The tutor will give demonstrations and one-to-one support. The tutor will help you and check your work to make sure you are progressing well. Additional information About this qualification: AIM Awards, Skills for Working in Creative and Design Industries – 603/1792/2 F/617/0484 – Design Project L2 Unit Y/617/0510 – Material Exploration L2 Unit Stained Glass – L2 AIM Award This course is taught alongside L1 Aim Award students.
No experience is necessary. A notebook and sturdy shoes (no open-toed sandals) and any designs and doodles that you may want to develop to discuss with the tutor.
What can I do next?
The follow-on qualification AIM Certificate Level 1 (30 weeks) starts in September 2022. Or join: All Levels, Thursday evening, off-site at the Hub Academy, Hope Mill Lane, Brimscombe. There are also intensive 4 day Easter fusing workshop and 5 day Summer school.
For more information about this course please email [email protected].
Please be aware that some courses have fees that are payable on enrolment. More information on if this course has a fee can be found in the Availability section below.
If you require financial support including payment plans, bursaries and advanced learner loans please visit the Money Management Service section of the website.
For more information on fees please view our Fees, Charges and Refunds Policy and our Applications, Admissions and Enrolment Policy and Procedures.
This course offers simpler and safer online enrolment requests, which means in a matter of minutes you can submit an enrolment request to us. However please be aware that upon submitting your enrolment form you are not guaranteed to be accepted. A number of our courses require assessments, qualification checks or simply a conversation with you before we can confirm your enrolment.
Within 24 hours of enrolment submission you will receive an automated email notification with information on what happens next. Please add [email protected] to your safe sender list. Most email providers allow you to do this within settings/options. For full instructions simply use your chosen search engine to find instructions on how to make emails as safe.