0800 0567 253
Dates and Enrolment for this course here:
Please note you may only enrol on one course at a time, however you may enrol on additional courses upon completion of your current course.
To meet the funding requirements of this course:
- You must be aged 19 years or over as of 31/08/2021
- You must have lived in the EU for the last three years
- You must currently reside in England
- If you are aged 19-23 and do not already hold a Full Level 2 Qualification we will need to discuss options with you prior to commencing your course.
You will need to understand that:
- This is a Level 2 qualification and a reasonable level of English is
beneficial to completing
the typical duration of this course is 12 weeks and self-commitment should be made to allow yourself time to provide detailed responses to the assignments.
- We recommend spending a minimum of 2-4 hours per week on this course
Nutrition is the key to a healthy body and mind, and understanding the values of a diet and exercise plan is an important part of maintaining overall well-being.
This nationally recognised qualification explores influential factors such as the principles of healthy eating and weight management. The course also introduces nutrition in the context of eating disorders, and explains how to prepare food safely in a home environment. Whether you want to improve your knowledge around diet and health for personal reasons, or wish to develop your employment opportunities, this course provides a comprehensive understanding of the key topics surrounding nutrition and health.
The qualification is ideal for anyone who wishes to develop their knowledge and skills surrounding diet and health, different forms of nutrition, planning a weight management programme and food safety awareness.
This course is split into six manageable units:
Unit 1: Explore principles of healthy eating
Unit 2: Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
Unit 3: Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
Unit 4: The principles of weight management
Unit 5: Understanding eating disorders
Unit 6: Principles of food safety for the home environment
Benefits of completing this course. You will:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Choose when and where to study, as courses are delivered as distance learning
- Have the support you need to succeed, as personal tutors are assigned to you.
How will I learn?
You will study via an online platform or if preferred you can have paper booklets to research and to submit your answers.
With you every step of the way!
- Get more from your online courses, let us help you succeed with bespoke packages led by our dedicated online support team
- Occupational specialists and tutors just a click away to support you
- Access to a free online community for those suffering with adverse mental health, 24 hours a day
- Enjoy incredible discounts while you study with your NUS/Totum student card
- New to online learning? Require additional support? Let us help you with each step you take.
For more information about this course please email [email protected].Download course information in PDF format