The Netball Academy
As one of the original sports academies, the Netball Academy has flourished over the years to become a well-established name in netball.
At SGS, we are proud to offer a range of top-class facilities, including a fully sprung sports hall, a strength and conditioning gym and an athletics track. By joining SGS Netball, you will be signing up to an elite netball programme that encompasses up to 16 hours per week of court training, strength and conditioning and competitive gameplay, as well as match analysis and theory sessions.
The team is coached by Level 2 (working towards Level 3) coach Lara Gulotta, who has a range of experience, including working within the England Performance Pathway and the Team Bath Futures Programme.
The College is also a proud host of the Team Bath Futures Hub. This partnership allows us to work closely with the Team Bath coaches and also gives our learners the opportunity to progress to a more advanced level of netball if they satisfy the criteria.
Our facilities, high-level coaches and physiotherapists provide our learners with every opportunity to progress with their netball whilst still being able to continue with their full-time studies on A-levels, BTECs, HNDs or higher education courses.
- Winners – AOC South West, North Division 2017–2018
- Winners – AOC South West, North Division 2015–2016
- Second-year student Olivia Johnson gained a place in the Team Bath Futures Hub and has been reselected for another year
- Olivia Johnson was selected for the AOC National Netball Team, bringing the total number of representatives (past and present) to four
- Former student Denika Campbell-Lee – Hertfordshire Mavericks