Job Reference SGS749Transitions Co-ordinatorSGS College have an exciting opportunity for a Transitions Co-ordinator in our Preparation for Work and Life Department at our Filton Campus.
(Based on Full-Time Equivalent range of up to £24,480 pro rata per annum)
(Salary is dependent on level of qualification and experience)
Contract Type: Term-Time Only (41 Weeks), Part-Time, & Fixed-Term (until 31 August 2021)
Hours: 23 hours per week
Please note that Term Time Only Contracts will occur a salary adjustment if the start date is after 1st September. E.g. The actual salary for a partial academic year based upon starting this contract from 19 April 2021 and working all the way up until 31 August 2021 would be £4,943.60 based on a working week of 23 hours per week, and a working year of 14.60 weeks. This salary amount would be evenly distributed over 19 April 2021– 31 August 2021.
South Gloucestershire & Stroud College has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our first inspection.
For more information, please visit https://www.sgscol.ac.uk/
SGS College have an exciting opportunity for a Transitions Co-ordinator in our Preparation for Work and Life Department at our Filton Campus.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage the transitions process for incoming learners to the department
- Attend EHCP reviews at our feeder schools
- Organise links visits for potential learners to college.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships and communication with other schools, providers, and supporting organisations (e.g. local comprehensive and specialist schools, The PRU, Youth Support Service, Youth Offending Service, Social Services, parents, carers and other relevant providers and supporting organisations).
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Excellent time management skills
- You will ideally have some understanding of Further Education and young people with SEND
Why choose SGS College?
You will become part of the wider SGS family supporting you with your professional development, access to the LGPS Pension scheme, discounted shopping benefits, and access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources.
If you are interested in this position please complete an online application form by clicking on apply.
Closing Date: 7th March 2021
Expected Interview Date: 19th March 2021
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
Contract: Term-Time Only (41 Weeks), Part-Time, & Fixed-Term (until 31 August 2021)
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 2021-03-07 12:00:00
Salary: Up to £13,882.72 per annum for a full academic year (1st Sep to 31st Aug)
Download Job Description