Job Reference SGS744Human Resources AdministratorSGS College have an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Administrator at our Berkeley Green campus.
(Salary is dependent on level of qualification and experience)
Contract Type: Permanent and Part-Time
Hours: 22.5 Hours per week with view to increase (Flexible Working considered)
South Gloucestershire & Stroud College has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our first inspection.
SGS College have an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Administrator at our Berkeley Green campus.
What we would like from you
- A strong interest in HR and a career in HR
- Highly organised and able to prioritise effectively
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Positive Attitude
- Ability to work using MS Office, Outlook, PowerPoint & Excel
- Good written communication
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To be the first point of contact for Human Resources, in person, on the telephone and via email
- Provision of administrative support to HR and payroll department
- To work in conjunction with the broader team to ensure all aspects of administrative support are appropriately covered including provision of cover for other members of staff during absences
- Dealing with day-to-day enquiries efficiently in a professional manner and escalating requests / enquiries to other members of the team as appropriate
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- Good prioritisation skills
- The ability to manage multiple priorities whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Emotional fortitude to deal with the variable requirements of a demanding customer base
- IT Literate
- GCSE Maths and English grade C or above
Why choose SGS College?
You will become part of the wider SGS family supporting you with your professional development, access to the LGPS, discounted shopping benefits, and access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources.
If you are interested in this position please complete an online application form by clicking on apply.
Closing Date: Thursday 28th January 2021
Expected Interview Date: Wednesday 3rd February 2021
Expected Start Date (subject to pre employment checks): 15th February 2021
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
Contract: Permanent & Part-Time
Start Date: 15th February 2021 subject to pre-employment checks
Closing Date: 2021-01-28 11:59:00
Salary: Up to £19,623 pro rata per annum
Download Job Description