Job Reference REQ000675 Carpentry Technician SGS College have an exciting opportunity for a Carpentry Technician at our Stroud Campus.Apply for this job
Job Information: Carpentry Technician
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Working Hours: 37 hours per week
SGS is an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
What SGS can offer you:
- You will become part of the wider SGS family receiving ongoing support for your personal & professional development, which includes a College Course Contribution Voucher of £250 for all staff, 25% tuition discount for immediate family of SGS employees, and up to 75% fee discounts with University of Gloucestershire
- Corporate roles benefit significantly by their access to the Local Government Pension Scheme, with generous employer contributions and the resultant access on retirement, to a secure, flexible and generous pension, accessible from the age of 55
- Academic roles benefit significantly by their access to the Teachers Pension Scheme, with generous employer contributions of over 23%
- A proven commitment to supporting flexible working practices
- Access to ‘My Lifestyle’ discounted shopping benefits, cycle to work scheme and a Technology Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Free car parking at all campuses
- Access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources
- Subsidised onsite catering services
South Gloucestershire & Stroud College has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our first inspection.
SGS College have an exciting opportunity for a Carpentry Technician at our Stroud Campus.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintaining workshops/student areas and equipment to ensure they are ready for student use.
- Prepare materials/equipment for lecturers as required.
- Assist lecturers during classes as required and provide students with technician support.To order suitable materials/equipment and to take, check and store deliveries.
- To advise line manager of equipment to be replaced and to obtain quotes as appropriate.
- Maintain a record of repairs and servicing carried out.
- Be aware of new/current developments in equipment/technology and techniques and advise as appropriate.
- Provide specialised technical support to students and staff as required.
- To work across the department and to provide cover and support for other technicians as required.
- Undertake risk assessments and ensure health & safety compliance.
- Any other duties as required by the line manager or Learning Area Manager
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- Level 2 qualification in a construction trade
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
Please apply online by: Tuesday 6th December 2022
Expected Interview Date: To be confirmed
The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory DBS Enhanced certificate as a requirement of the job.
Contract: Permanent, Full-Time
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 2022-12-06 11:59:00
Salary: Up to £19,500
Download Job Description