Job Reference REQ000546 Learning Area Manager for Specialist Educational Provision The post holder will support the Cost of Provision Map process which will directly influence the budget.Apply for this job
Job Information: Learning Area Manager for Specialist Educational Provision
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Hours: 37
Location: The Chase, Stroud Campus
FTE Salary: Up to £40,056
SGS is an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Term-Time Only Contracts will incur a salary adjustment if the start date is after 1st September.
What SGS can offer you:
- You will become part of the wider SGS family receiving ongoing support for your personal & professional development, which includes a College Course Contribution Voucher of £250 for all staff, 25% tuition discount for immediate family of SGS employees, and up to 75% fee discounts with University of Gloucestershire
- Corporate roles benefit significantly by their access to the Local Government Pension Scheme, with generous employer contributions and the resultant access on retirement, to a secure, flexible and generous pension, accessible from the age of 55
- Academic roles benefit significantly by their access to the Teachers Pension Scheme, with generous employer contributions of over 23%
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 38 days per academic year, plus 6 annual ‘Subject Updating Days’ for Academic staff
- A proven commitment to supporting flexible working practices
- Access to ‘My Lifestyle’ discounted shopping benefits, cycle to work scheme and a Technology Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Free car parking at all campuses
- Free access to the College onsite Gyms
- Access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources
- Subsidised onsite catering services
South Gloucestershire & Stroud College has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our first inspection.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- The post holder will support the Cost of Provision Map process which will directly influence the budget. This may include funding rationales and increase/decrease requests to the local authority.
- Be responsible for high quality teaching and curriculum management within the department, modelling outstanding teaching to young people with a range of Learning Disabilities
- Line manage all staff within the Department to ensure a thorough understanding of learner issues and support needed within the department
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements including chairing and maintaining EHCPs
- Develop resources for young people with SEND/SEN the course/subject including maintaining effective links across College for resources
- Ensure a safe working environment for staff and learners including overseeing of risk assessments, PEEPs and complex care plans
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- GCSE Maths and English grade C or above v PGCE or equivalent
- Experience of successfully leading a team through change and development
- Experience of teaching young people with a range of learning disabilities including PMLD
- Knowledge of relevant SEND specific guidelines and policies
- Experience of working with external or partnering organisations
Please apply online by: 10th July 2022
Expected Interview Date: To be Confirmed
The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory DBS Enhanced certificate as a requirement of the job.
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 2022-07-10 01:26:00
Download Job Description