Job Reference REQ000463 Learning Support Workers SGS College have an exciting opportunity for Learning Support Workers at our Bristol campuses.Apply for this job
Contract Type: Part-Time, Term-Time Only & Fixed-Term initially until August 2022
Working Hours: Up to 32 hours per week (Flexible) & 36 weeks per year
SGS is an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Term-Time Only Contracts will incur a salary adjustment if the start date is after 1st September.
What SGS can offer you:
- You will become part of the wider SGS family receiving ongoing support for your personal & professional development, which includes a College Course Contribution Voucher of £250 for all staff, 25% tuition discount for immediate family of SGS employees, and up to 75% fee discounts with University of Gloucestershire
- Corporate roles benefit significantly by their access to the Local Government Pension Scheme, with generous employer contributions and the resultant access on retirement, to a secure, flexible and generous pension, accessible from the age of 55
- A proven commitment to supporting flexible working practices
- Access to ‘My Lifestyle’ discounted shopping benefits, cycle to work scheme and a Technology Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Free car parking at all campuses
- Free access to the College onsite Gyms
- Access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources
- Subsidised onsite catering services
South Gloucestershire & Stroud College has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our first inspection.
have an exciting opportunity for Learning Support Workers at our Bristol campuses.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To support students in achieving their goals and qualifications in an agreed range of settings & adapt/modify some curriculum materials as necessary
- To work collaboratively with teaching staff and others to support learner progress and achievement through 1:1 or group support in an agreed range of settings
- To supervise the students during the times when they are not directly supervised by lecturing staff & assist the students with any personal care needs as appropriate
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- Good standard of general education including GCSE Maths & English at Grade C or above (or equivalent).
- Experience of working with young people and/or adults with a range of barriers to learning
- High Level of commitment to improving people’s lives through learning
Please apply online by: Thursday 21st July 2022
Expected Interview Date: TBC with each candidate
The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory DBS Enhanced certificate as a requirement of the job.
Contract: Up to 32 hours per week (Flexible) & 36 weeks per year
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 2022-07-21 12:00:00
Salary: Up to £20,562 pro rata per annum
Download Job Description