Job Reference REQ000445GCSE English LecturerSGS College have an exciting opportunity for a GCSE English Lecturer at our Filton & Stroud campuses.
Contract Type: Full & Part-Time positions available & Fixed-Term
Working Hours: Up to 37 hours per week
SGS is an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
What SGS can offer you:
- You will become part of the wider SGS family receiving ongoing support for your personal & professional development, which includes a College Course Contribution Voucher of £250 for all staff, 25% tuition discount for immediate family of SGS employees, and up to 75% fee discounts with University of Gloucestershire
- Academic roles benefit significantly by their access to the Teachers Pension Scheme, with generous employer contributions of over 23%
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 39 days per academic year, (plus bank holidays) and a two-week College closure over the Christmas period, plus 6 annual ‘Subject Updating Days’ for Academic staff
- A proven commitment to supporting flexible working practices
- Access to ‘My Lifestyle’ discounted shopping benefits, cycle to work scheme and a Technology Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Free car parking at all campuses
- Free access to the College onsite Gyms
- Access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources
- Subsidised onsite catering services
South Gloucestershire & Stroud College has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our first inspection.
SGS College have an exciting opportunity for a GCSE
English Lecturer at our Filton & Stroud campuses.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Delivery of a range of English qualifications across a variety of departments
- Maintain the high standards set within the faculty
- Conducting curriculum development work, including identification of consumer requirements, planning, development and evaluation of courses and materials
- Providing the appropriate student welfare and academic/non-academic counselling responsibilities
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
- Qualified Teacher Status / PGCE, or willing to work towards
- Working knowledge of GCSE English
- Have an excellent track record in teaching
- Demonstrate a commitment to achieving the best for each student
Please apply online by: Sunday 30th January 2022
Expected Interview Date: w/c 7th February 2022
The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory DBS Enhanced certificate as a requirement of the job.
Contract: Full & Part-Time positions available & Fixed-Term
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 2022-01-30 11:59:00
Salary: £23,922 to £30,933 pro rata per annum
Filton & Stroud Campuses
Download Job Description